/> Raising Angels: Happy Birthday Mackenzie!

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Happy Birthday Mackenzie!

Last night as I tucked you into bed and reminded you that when you woke up this morning you'd be seven, I almost cried. Didn't you just come bursting into this world?

I remember that day as if it were yesterday. And now, you're seven.

Today was your day - your choices. You wanted to wear your pink plaid (wool) skirt. While the boys were at school, you chose to get your toenails painted (pink and dark pink on alternating toes complete with a rhinestone flower on the big toes), to window shop at Build-A-Bear, and to have lunch at Applebee's.

You were thrilled with your toes. You gushed over the ice cream sundae with strawberry swirls and a cherry on top. You told me, "Thanks for doing all those things with me Mama. I had a really great day."

This is just a tiny glimpse into your joyful existence. You love every moment (especially times like tonight when Uncle Aaron surprised you by coming to your pizza party). You are in a mode of perpetual creation - be it songs, drawings or decorating. You are well-mannered. You always manage to light up the room.

I can’t believe it's been seven years. I can't imagine what the next seven will hold - not to mention the rest of your life. Whatever may come, I hope you always let me come with you to get your toes painted pink. I hope things like free sundaes always excite you. I hope you grow and mature into an even greater version of you.

I love you so very much! Happy Birthday, Mama

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home