/> Raising Angels: Silly String, Sparklers and the First Trimester Blues

Friday, July 20, 2007

Silly String, Sparklers and the First Trimester Blues

I'm glad I'm pregnant. I'm so happy to be growing a new person inside of me. This is a gift. I'm part of a miracle in progress. I'm a co-creator with God.

This is what I keep telling myself as I swallow hard and try not to throw up - as I'm leaning over the toilet doing just that - as I pass by a double cheeseburger and almost lose it - as I am moaning about how awful I feel.

Ah, this too shall pass as my doctor so flippantly told me yesterday, "in about six more weeks." "SIX MORE WEEKS? HAVE YOU EVER BEEN NAUSEATED FOR SIX WEEKS?" is how I wanted to answer him with my hands around his neck. I love my doctor, really I do. That little outburst in my head was just the hormones talking I'm sure.

In other news, Uncle Kevin gave Aiden what he asked for for his birthday - silly string. He also threw in some sparklers. Boy did the kids have fun.
*Note to self - perhaps silly string inside the house is not a bad idea. It has to be easier to clean up than trying to peel it off a driveway that is as hot as a frying pan!


4 Comments:

Blogger Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

I have BEEN THERE in that awful, nauseated place. Fortunately it's summertime and Mother Nature can help you out. It's fruit season! If you can stomach fruit, try watermelon and nectarines. Lots of water and some good vitamins too, are in those fruits. If you can't, sip lemonade. All of that got me through that first trimester with Middle Sister and Little Brother. For some reason, I didn't have as much nausea the first time around. ???

God bless you and the new life you are nurturing!

7:48 AM  
Blogger nicole said...

I'm sorry you are sick. I will pray for you, that it goes by quickly.

9:01 AM  
Blogger Mom said...

ooo, the nausea! I had that SO bad, I was bedridden. I'm sure you're not feeling that bad....
I can't tell you what would make it go away other than to eat whatever you feel like as often as you need to. Small meals throughout the day to fend off hunger. Doesn't it get worse when you're hungry? Baked potatoes and cheese grits were all I could keep down for a while, and plain waffles.
It will subside, but I know you feel like it can't happen soon enough.
Hang in there. You'll make it.

11:16 PM  
Blogger Amy Parris said...

You ladies don't know how much your words of encouragement help me. Barb, the fruit does work great. And Lassie, small meals are helpful too.

Thanks again and keep the prayers coming!

9:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home