/> Raising Angels: Lake Martin

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Lake Martin

I'm back from our long weekend trip to visit with my aunt and uncle who didn't make it to Fr. Aaron's ordination.

My uncle has had a house on Lake Martin in Alabama for as long as I can remember. We grew up vacationing on that lake. We learned how to ski not long after we learned to ride our bikes. We jumped from cliffs, rode on dirt bikes and jet skis and even caught a few fish. That lake contains many, many happy memories for me.


One of my favorite memories was attending mass. Let me assure you that as a kid, attending mass on vacation was rarely a highlight. But at the lake, we got to ride to church in the boat, sit on park benches, and stare out at the water during the homily.

This past weekend, although I was still recovering from that horrible sickness last week and in the throws of the nauseating first trimester of pregnancy, I braved the 4 1/2 hour trek to see my little brother say mass at Church in the Pines (and of course spend time with family).
I am so blessed to have a brother who can do that. I am blessed to have an aunt and uncle who have shown us endless hospitality over many a summer. I am blessed to have a cousin who let me lie around on her couch and watch TV. I am so blessed that we have children the same age who are growing up as friends.
Yes, indeed, I am blessed.

2 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

Very blessed, indeed. Beautiful pictures of what sounds like a truly beautiful weekend!

And, boy...that outdoor Mass. I can't imagine how awesome that must have been for you!

2:39 PM  
Blogger Amy Parris said...

Indeed it was awesome.

1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home