/> Raising Angels: Avalanche Ranch - Wahoo!

Monday, July 02, 2007

Avalanche Ranch - Wahoo!

Last week the kids were all ranch hands at Avalanche Ranch and boy, oh boy did they love it. Wahoo!

Friday they invited the parents to come for the Final Showdown. It was wild, crazy, loud and tons of fun. I think the ruckus overwhelmed our pastor just a bit. When it was over, he looked at me and asked, "Now tell me again how this promotes the Gospel?"

I looked at him and laughed. "Well Father, it speaks to the kids in a language they understand, LOUD." But speak to them it did. They came home babbling about Joshua and the wall of Jericho. They yelled things like, "God is strong," and answered with shouts of "Wahoo!" It was one holy, rootin' tootin' good time.

There was one moment during the production that they turned down the lights and sat the kids on the floor to sing "All in All". I'm telling you, watching my three sitting quietly, singing this song with their arms raised to the heavens brought tears to my eyes.

Wasn't it just yesterday that I took them to the bathroom after VBS and Aiden flooded the entire thing by plugging up the sink and letting the water run while I was in the stall with Dawson? Really, if we weren't in the church I think I might have strangled the boy. And yet, there he was hands raised in praise to the Lord.

They had a good time, ate some great snacks and made some neat crafts. Most importantly, they learned a little more about the Lord and that is what made it all worth while. Wahoo!

3 Comments:

Blogger nicole said...

We did Avalanche Ranch too. My kids had lots of fun and so did I. I help lead the opening and closing programs each day and it is so fun. The kids treat us like rock stars. Yay for VBS.

9:53 AM  
Blogger Mom of boys said...

Ditto here! We also loved Avalanche Ranch, and even bought the CD. My 5 year old still walks around singing the songs, and ours was a month ago!

12:52 AM  
Blogger Amy Parris said...

We bought the CD as well. I've got to admit, I like it as much as they do.

5:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home