/> Raising Angels: Moments Like These

Monday, July 30, 2007

Moments Like These

There are some moments...moments like today...

I walk into the Y to workout with three little ones who can all walk in themselves. I don't have a bag in hand. Not one of them is holding a sippy cup. Not one is in diapers.

I take them to Chick-Fil-A where all of them can maneuver the playground equipment on their own. Everyone can feed themselves. We even chat a little while they eat.

These moments...when I'm enjoying my growing children...when my stomach is rumbling and my throat feels tight reminding me that indeed, I am pregnant...I find myself wondering...if just for a split second...

What have I done?

And then sweet, joyful Mackenzie comes over and rubs my stomach with a grin from ear to ear and giggles out loud. Then I tell myself that this miracle of life inside of me is the best gift I could ever receive.

3 Comments:

Blogger Patti Doughty said...

And ... the gift that keeps on giving. My niece, who's 28, is leaving home for the first time to go to Graduate School at Georgia Southern. I don't know who's struggling more - her mother, her aunts, or her grandma. She's such a tremendous gift to us, as are all my nieces, nephews and children.

God bless you, Amy, for being open to new life and giving up your own body for 9 months. It's such a miracle and I've been reminded of that a lot over the last week as I've gazed at Kelly's new baby. What a miracle, what a gift!

Patti

8:13 PM  
Blogger nicole said...

We're not even out of diapers yet and I still can understand your feelings. I'm so glad I have the other kids to remind me to dwell on all the joy of new life.

10:43 AM  
Blogger Amy Parris said...

And I'm so glad I have friends like you ladies who encourage me through your sweet, sweet words!

10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home