/> Raising Angels: The Grass Isn't Always Greener

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

The Grass Isn't Always Greener

It's weird. Over the last week three of my pregnant friends have given birth and I find myself wishing I was in their shoes. At the pool, I eyed the moms with the biggest pregnant bellies with envy thinking of how close they must be to their due dates.

Then, at Wal-Mart, I ran into a friend who just miscarried. She was exactly four weeks ahead of me and pregnant with her first child. As I hugged her and told her I was praying for her, I suddenly realized that she would give anything to be dealing with nausea right now.

Then I came home and tried on some items from a bag of clothes someone gave me. Five pair of skinny jeans from the Gap that I probably won't fit in by the time it's cool enough to wear them, some cute capris, and a couple of shirts that also fit great now. I looked at my skinny self in the mirror and began to rethink the whole big, round belly thing.

Sometimes I get so focused on the other person's lawn that I forget to take a look at how green mine is.

2 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

I LOVE the look of a pregnant belly - on someone else. I really think this is the year we get a treadmill, maybe for Christmas. I hear Kansas is really cold in the winter time, and I don't want to wait until spring to start running again.

8:52 AM  
Blogger Amy Parris said...

Personally, I'm thankful I have an excuse not to run anymore. Although, I will keep up on the treadmill as long as I can and then move on to the elliptical.

6:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home