/> Raising Angels: Mackenzie's Last Day...Again

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Mackenzie's Last Day...Again

In all the hustle and bustle of the end of the year, I didn't get the chance to honor Mackenzie. At her school, the last day is a BIG deal. Of course, that probably has more to do with it being the last day than it does with the awards!


Mackenzie was awarded for memorizing all nine monthly scriptures again. I am really very proud of her for not only doing it, but wanting to do it. Because it is such a mammoth feat, I was waiting for confetti or something besides a measly piece of paper that recognizes these kids for what they've done. However, we celebrated the certificate and rewarded her ourselves with something a little more.

In the classroom, Mackenzie's teacher honored each student with an award for a virtue she saw him or her demonstrate over the course of the year.

Mackenzie's was for purity and on her certificate was Psalm 51:10, "Create in me a new, clean heart, O God, filled with clean thoughts and right desires."
The new things she's learned still amaze me. I am so grateful for Mackenzie, her school, her teachers, and her friends. I'm tempted to say that I can't wait to see what next year has in store, but quite frankly, I can. It's all going a bit too fast for me these days and I just want to enjoy my little six year old a few more months before she turns seven and enters the second grade.

Great job Mackenzie! We’re so proud of you!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mackenzie...

You are #1 in so many ways! Congratulations on a very successful year. We are very proud of you!

Love, Damma and Papa

12:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home