/> Raising Angels: Last Letter to Rome

Friday, May 25, 2007

Last Letter to Rome


Dear Aaron,

I tried in vain today to mail you one final package before you come home for ordination. Imagine my disappointment when the post office said they couldn't guarantee it would get there in time! "Isn't there any way I can get it there before June 5th?" I asked nicely.

The answer was yes. Only it would have cost me $35 to do it. I'm sure you think that the kids’ artwork is as invaluable as I do; but, when you put an actual price on it, I thought you might chastise me for spending that much to send you some pictures and a letter.

Instead I had a great idea. What better way to send you a letter than this. You get it immediately and it costs nothing.

Can you believe that your six year journey (eight if you count the two years with Fr. Brett in Macon) is almost at an end? I know it must feel like eternity but I can still remember the day you told me you were going to give the seminary a try. I remember the call when you told me the bishop was considering sending you to Rome and you asked me what I thought. I remember asking you every six months whether or not you felt certain of God’s plan. I also remember the last time I asked and you told me you were at peace.

I am so proud of you. I’m proud of the leap of faith you took to enter the seminary even though you weren’t sure you were called to the priesthood. I’m proud of your perseverance through school. I’m proud of the stands you’ve already taken for the truth within your own seminary.

I can’t wait to see you. I can’t wait for your ordination. I can’t wait to introduce the kids to Father Uncle Aaron. I can’t wait to watch you give Mackenzie her first communion. I can’t wait to see what God has in store for you and the people you will shepherd.

I can wait, however, for you to hear my confession. Yeah, I don’t think that will ever happen.

I love you,
Amy

1 Comments:

Blogger Muhammad said...

plz check and browse my blog

www.fitwomens.blogspot.com

5:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home