/> Raising Angels: Presently Homesick

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Presently Homesick

We're on day eight of a ten day stay of one of Mackenzie's classmates. I have kept a few other children before but never anyone for this long and I was a teeny bit nervous about how she would do.

It has gone amazingly well - almost eerily well. She fits right in and the girls have gotten along great. In fact, we've heard no mention of her parents at all. I don’t think I’ll tell them that!

We were getting up from the table last night when she asked me, "Um...how long until my mom and dad come home?" She didn't sound sad or upset, just curious.

I brought her over to the calendar and pointed out what day it was and showed her Friday. "You only have three more days. They will be home really late Friday night while you are sleeping. They will probably get you Saturday morning as soon as you wake up."

Her eyes lit up as she asked, "Well, um...do you think I could get up in the middle of the night and go home?"

Uh oh, I thought, here comes the homesickness. But before I could feel sorry for her she blurted out, "I just really want to see my present!"

I don't think I'll share that with her parents either.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HA!! Yeah, I can hear it now... Hi Mom & Dad, I missed ya, What did you bring me! LOL!!!

2:20 PM  
Blogger Amy Parris said...

Yeah. Let's hope it's something big!

10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home