/> Raising Angels: Story Time

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Story Time


Mackenzie is only two weeks and one day away from the end of first grade. They've finished spelling and vocabulary so, besides some memory verses and math pages, her homework this week was to read to me for 15 minutes a day.

On Monday I took the boys to the library and picked out a few books to bring home. I read a few to them before their naps. When Mackenzie came home from school, I told her to read those books to me for her 15 minutes. I was busy prepping for dinner so I told her to read them out loud. Because I had already read them, I would know if she was reading correctly.

She was busy reading when Dawson woke up from his nap. He pushed a chair over to where she was and listened to the story. When Aiden woke up, he did the same.

It was so precious. I still think Mackenzie reading is nothing short of miraculous and to have her brothers peacefully listening to her...well that's simply off the charts.

What a gift! It's the gift of reading paired with the gift of family. Amazing!

3 Comments:

Blogger nicole said...

How exciting. I look forward to the day each of my children can read on his/her own. I love reading so much--I hope they will love it too. How sweet that her brothers took time to listen to her reading too.

9:59 PM  
Blogger Amy Parris said...

Ah...sweet it was. This month she has taken to reading on her own to herself and it's been wonderful.

Today, as she read to me after school, Aiden plopped himself on the other couch and "read" a book to himself.

The pace has been set!

10:23 PM  
Blogger Angie @ Many Little Blessings said...

That is so dear! My oldest is also just finishing first grade, and although he is not a very strong reader, he was reading to his siblings last week. It was just precious!

8:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home