/> Raising Angels: The Glory Run in Pictures

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

The Glory Run in Pictures


The rest of the family had their own successes race day as well.
Mackenzie ran much better in her mile this year and she didn't even train for it. She finished strong for such little legs.



I didn't even register Dawson for the race because I didn't think he'd be able or want to run the whole way. I was wrong.
If Aiden could do it, then so could he. He only walked once. He did, however, get a little distracted by the crowds of people cheering for him and came into the finish line weaving back and forth as if he were intoxicated. It was hysterical.



He reached the finish line on his own though and was very proud of himself. He was so far behind the others that he thought he actually won the race.


Aiden was thrilled to be running in his own race FINALLY. The Tot Trot was the very last race of the day and he was beside himself with excitement. As he took his mark on the starting line, he instructed me very clearly. "You don't run with me Mama. I'll run by myself. Don't run beside me or in front or behind me. I'll run it MYSELF."



And run he did. He ran so fast in fact that I lost sight of him as I trotted behind Dawson. He came in towards the front of the crowd this year which was a big improvement from his last place of last year (he was, after all the only 2 year old in the race).



It was a good day and a - ahem, excuse me while I choke these words out - fun race.

1 Comments:

Blogger nicole said...

So glad your family could do it together. We haven't made any runs as a family yet, maybe soon. Thanks for sharing all the pictures.

6:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home