/> Raising Angels: Some Days the Bottom Falls Out and Other Days, Well...

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Some Days the Bottom Falls Out and Other Days, Well...

Today as I unloaded the groceries from the car, I let the boys play outside. I was in and out a number of times and kept them within my sight. Even when I was in the house, I could tell exactly where they were from the sound of their voices.

And then it happened....silence. Anyone with boys knows that when you can no longer hear them, it’s time to worry. I listened for 30 seconds more and then headed to the door. At that moment, I was met with a knock from Aiden.

I opened the door to find him standing there, pants and underwear at his ankles. I felt a moment of shock - as if I hadn't given birth to the kid. "Aiden! What are you doing?" I sputtered as I grabbed him praying that the neighbor hadn't been watching.

A devilish grin spread across his face, highlighting his deep dimples, "What Mama? I just goed potty out in the grass." He giggled and added for safety, “Dawson told me to do it.”

I pulled him in as I said, "Aiden, you can’t do what Dawson tells you to do and you certainly can't potty in our yard." Then, thinking about him peeing on the side of the interstate on our last trip to the zoo I added, "That's only in case of emergencies. Why are your pants still down? Hurry and pull them up."

He looked at me and nonchalantly added, "I can't pull them up yet....I need you to wipe my bottom."

3 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

Yes, you are right. You have trumped me indeed.

And I'm happy to be trumped!

10:02 PM  
Blogger Amy Parris said...

Ah, kindred spirits. I guess it's pay back for those years when you watched perfect little Mackenzie with wonder while reigning in your little guys.

Now I understand...totally :).

10:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! I am so tickled! I know it won't be so funny when my little boy does it!

12:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home