/> Raising Angels: Ah, True Love...Almost

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Ah, True Love...Almost

Lately Aiden has been fighting his siblings with words. When he gets upset with one of them he usually blurts out, "I don't love you!"

That has led to many a lecture on what true love is. We talk and talk and talk about loving our brothers and sisters even when we don't like them very much. We feel strongly about this and have made the outburst a punishable offense.

This morning Mackenzie ran into the bedroom, "Daddy! Aiden said, 'I don't love you,' to me."

Nelson called for Aiden to come immediately. As Mackenzie left the room, Aiden slouched in. "Aiden," Nelson asked in a deep and serious tone, "did you tell your sister that you don't love her?"

Immediately the whimpering began. "Umm..." he stalled. "Well..." he stammered, "I do love her a LITTLE bit."

1 Comments:

Blogger Mom said...

I had this issue a couple itmes with my oldest son. He would teel me he didn't like me because I wouldn't let him do such and such.
I would just say, "that's alright, I still love you."

11:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home