/> Raising Angels: So True

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

So True

Tonight I was cooking up some burgers thinking I was giving the kids a big treat for dinner. Cheeseburgers at home? I thought I would bring them out to cheers.

Mackenzie was setting the table when she asked what we were eating.

"Cheeseburgers," I answered cheerfully.

"Oh," she said with no excitement in her voice. "You know...I just like McDonalds’ burgers better."

"You like McDonalds’ burgers better than mine?" I asked with a fake tone of hurt in my voice.

"Well...they are just so much more...you know...juicy."

"That's grease Mackenzie. It's not exactly good for you, you know," I answered back.

"Yeah, I know, but it tastes SO GOOD!"

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Must have been something in the air today, because I was also craving a big fat McD burger ... even though reason tells me they are SO bad for me ...

9:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You cook and cook and what's the point? :) My kids like Wendy's burgers.

I found your blog via "blackpurl". We lived in Augusta FOREVER before our move the the mountains.

1:34 AM  
Blogger Nadine said...

Ouch...Mickie D's wins out for french fries in my house.

4:08 AM  
Blogger Mom said...

My kids had Burger King today. Thanks to their Grandma. I think homemade burgers are better, so I'm on your side.

8:18 PM  
Blogger Amy Parris said...

I think the kids are more fond of the playgrounds than the food.

Melody, small world isn't it! Where abouts did you live in Augusta?

11:08 PM  
Blogger Amy's Blah, Blah, Blogging said...

Isn't it funny what kids think taste good? It changes so much as we get older and realize that fat is, well, fat. :) But hey, who doesn't love a little, or a lot, of butter!

11:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home