/> Raising Angels: Aiden's Prayer, Prayer

Friday, March 16, 2007

Aiden's Prayer, Prayer

Around here we often get calls asking us to pray for someone we know. I've made it a habit to gather the kids quickly to pray after I hang up. It usually sounds like this:

"All right guys we need to pray for _. Repeat after me. Jesus."

"Jesus," I hear in a beautiful chorus of three.

"Please bless _."

"Please bless _," they repeat in unison.

We go into specifics from there. You get the idea.

Nelson has been struggling with an awful cough the last three days and stayed home from work yesterday. He stayed out on the couch last night to try to allow me to get some sleep and to prevent me from catching whatever he has.

When Aiden woke up this morning he came into my room where I was getting ready. "Mama, I seed Daddy sick on the couch and I say a prayer for him."

"Oh Aiden, that's so good. I'm sure Daddy appreciated your prayer. Thank you for doing that."

He waited a moment for me to ask more about it but I had already moved on. He couldn't hold it in, "Do you want to hear what I prayed?"

"Sure buddy. Let me hear it."

"I sayed it like this...Jesus, Jesus, please bless Daddy. Please bless Daddy. Help his cough to go away. Help his cough to go away. Amen. Amen."

3 Comments:

Blogger Allan said...

Hello, just came acroos your site and enjoy it very much. Keep up the good work! Peace, Allan
www.allanwright.org

11:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too sweet. Aren't the precious? And I think it is wonderful that you gather them together to pray for requests. That is awesome!

2:46 PM  
Blogger Amy Parris said...

Thanks guys. Allan I hope you come again! You too Judi.

9:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home