/> Raising Angels: Some Day...

Monday, May 22, 2006

Some Day...

I knew I would be crunched for time today between a shower for my brother at Evans High, cooking dinner for another family and having Nelson out of town.

I was being smart though. I dressed the boys for the shower this morning before we did carpool and went to mass. A risky proposition I know but, I figured we were going to the grocery store and then home. I hoped to get them down for an early nap. How dirty could they get?

The plan worked beautifully until I picked Dawson up out of the crib to find that he had soaked through everything. I quickly changed him wondering how a kid that small fills a diaper to overflowing so fast.

We picked Mackenzie up and changed her in the back of the car and still made it to the shower in time. I was very proud of myself.

Midway through the shower though, I picked up Dawson and put him on my lap only to have him pee down his leg onto both of mine, my shoes, my feet and the floor.

As I discretely cleaned up the puddle and prepared to take Dawson out to change him, my mom said, "Some day you'll remember this and laugh."

Then she looked at me. She quickly added, "Not today, but some day."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home