/> Raising Angels: Honoring the Mother of all Mothers

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Honoring the Mother of all Mothers

May is the month of Mary. It makes perfect sense that Mother's Day falls during this month. Mary is the model for all women and mothers. She provides daily inspiration for me and she's who I go to when I need the kind of help only a mother can give. I can not think of a better focus for Mother's Day than crowning the Mother of all Mothers. So, of course that's what we did.
What a blessing it was to have the child who made me a mother honor Mary while I and my own mom looked on. It was truly beautiful.

In all of the princess pretending that goes on around here I am so thankful to be a part of a faith that honors a true queen. Participating in the May Crowning at church today was a great way to drive that home to Mackenzie. She was so excited for the opportunity to honor Mary. She did it so beautifully. I am so proud.

Mackenzie, I pray that you will always bring your gifts to Jesus through Mary. May your life emulate her humble service to Him. Thank you for making me a mother. I love you!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

She's SO cute!

9:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home