/> Raising Angels: To My Mom

Sunday, May 14, 2006

To My Mom

Playing outside on my swing set and her singing "You are my Sunshine" to me out of her bedroom window.

Getting to lick the beaters AND the bowl when making cakes.

Refusing to wear a veil on my first communion, her being a bit disappointed but putting flowers in my hair and telling me I was beautiful anyway.

Having her at every out of town dance competition, every recital, and every band concert, basketball and volleyball game.

Her tender hugs and reassurance every time I came home crying and saying, "I'm never going to get married."

Sharing the births of all three of my children with her as well as her gentle reminder during my surprise natural delivery of Mackenzie that "We don't talk that way. Let's try to pray instead."

These are just a few of the precious memories I have of my mom. I am so thankful for every one of them. I have always felt loved. I have always been supported. I have always had a place to go when I needed anything at all.

Thank you mom for all that you have done, all that you continue to do and all that still lies ahead of us. You are a true hero and I love you.

Happy Mother's Day! Amy

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WHAT DID I EVER DO TO DESERVE A BEAUTIFUL(INSIDE AND OUT) DAUGHTER LIKE YOU?!! I'VE ALWAYS SAID THAT SINCE GOD ONLY GAVE ME ONE DAUGHTER HE HAD TO MAKE HER PERFECT!!! MAY MY BEAUTIFUL, PERFECT GRANDDAUGHTER BLESS HER MOTHER AS MUCH AS MY DAUGHTER BLESSES ME!! I LOVE YOU VERY MUCH, MOM

11:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home