/> Raising Angels: Dirty Little Handprint

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Dirty Little Handprint

We went to a cookout this evening and boy, oh boy, did the kids have FUN! So much fun that all were covered in dirt from head to toe and then drenched by sprinklers. It was a MESS, but they were having too much fun to stop them from getting dirty.

As I was changing into my PJs, I noticed some spots on my shirt so I took it into the laundry room to treat the stains. When I turned the shirt over, there it was. One perfect little handprint right over my shoulder.

It was so cute that I took it out to show Nelson. "This is my own Shroud of Aiden," I told him as he laughed with me.

Then it hit me as I sprayed that little handprint. There it was. Right on my shoulder. The hand of an angel. The hand of Jesus. Patting me on the back. Protecting me. Comforting me.

I am so thankful for dirt, for little boys, for Jesus.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kitty said...

Oh! You have made me cry with this one. The beautiful handprint! I don't know if I could have brought myself to put Spray 'N Wash on it.

5:33 PM  
Blogger Amy Parris said...

Thanks Kitty.

10:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home