/> Raising Angels: Delightful Dinners

Monday, March 07, 2022

Delightful Dinners

For over 21 years, we have hosted what we call household dinner once a week. It began with a coworker of Nelson's who was going through an awful divorce and has included many, many others since him. We don't really have any kind of rules about who we invite. The Lord has always led us to invite who we invite. The only real stipulation is that we keep it to singles. Once they get married, we send them on their way so we can include more people. 

We currently get together on Monday nights because we have several students who work in F&B and most of them are off on Monday. The problem was that during basketball season, we had a lot of games on Monday so we weren't able to get together as much. Once basketball was over, I sent out a welcome back text and said we were looking forward to seeing everyone regularly again. I sent that out on Friday. On Saturday afternoon, I got a text from our school that soccer season is upon us and the team would be practicing Sunday for their first game on Monday. The athletic department likes to keep us on our toes.

As luck would have it, Max's team has a game every Monday for the next two months. However, middle school games start at 4 PM and it's only one team playing, so I figured we would give it a try. The meals will be much simpler than what I usually cook, but the important thing is that we get together. 

I raced home from the game today and threw together a taco salad, some Spanish rice, and guacamole with Mackenzie's help. The nice thing about this group is that it's mostly made up of college guys who don't really care what the house looks like as long as there is food to eat. 

As they lingered around the table and let me join in on the game they were playing, I became so grateful for this gift in my life. Because of these dinners, I have had the opportunity to develop relationships with some amazing people. Also, it makes me so happy when people eat my food. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home