/> Raising Angels: County Day

Friday, February 25, 2022

County Day

Today was the big day in my classroom! It's one of my favorites and the students love it too. We celebrate all of their hard work on their first research paper. They each come dressed as someone from their country and bring a native food to share with the class. They get to stand up at assembly and announce the country they chose and why they are dressed as they are. The parents and grandparents are invited to come with us back to the classroom to admire all of the reports and then each elementary class comes in as well. This is super exciting for the students, and I love watching them impart their newly found knowledge on the other students. 

We had quite the feast for lunch - everything from South Korean spring rolls to Belgian waffles, to Japanese sushi. The weather was beautiful, so we ate outside. 

This project hits so many notes - research writing, creativity, public speaking, neatness, and organization. At this age, they think this kind of work is so fun. They've been visiting the fourth grade for four years and now they get to be the ones to dress up and show off. 

I am so grateful to be able to carry on this wonderful tradition. Many of my students' parents had Country Day in the fourth grade. I'm grateful for all of the hard work the parents did to help their students. I'm grateful for the delicious food we experienced and the wonderful weather we had to enjoy it in. I'm also grateful that we only do this once a year. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home