/> Raising Angels: I Get by with a Little Help from my Friends

Sunday, March 06, 2022

I Get by with a Little Help from my Friends

It's soccer season now and Felicity's learner's league practices EVERY Sunday. On top of that, so does Max's team. Sheesh.

I'm all about team sports and activities for kids, but I'm kind of a stickler about my day of rest. I like Sundays to be a family day. Also, I teach elementary kids all week, so the last thing I want to do is hang out with all of them the day before I start teaching them again. It's not that I don't love them, but I need a recharge on the weekends. 

Thankfully, my neighbor is Max's coach and he was happy to give him a ride to practice.  Felicity also has a few classmates nearby and one was happy to give her a ride as well. They got to be with their friends and learn new skills, and I still got to have a bit of time to myself - win, win.

I'm so grateful to live in a neighborhood where we all watch out for each other. It's so much more than just borrowing an egg or a cup of sugar. It's Stations of the Cross, rides to school, corn hole in the yard, walks around the block, and drinks on the lawn. I'm grateful for all of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home