/> Raising Angels: Serving Up Fun

Saturday, February 12, 2022

Serving Up Fun

Today Nelson and I, along with about 20 other friends were tasked with changing our gym from an auditorium into a sit down dinner for around 250 people. I know that sounds crazy, but it's truly amazing to watch. Everyone that was there to help, really wanted to. Each person found a job to do from covering the tables with table cloths, to counting cups, to putting candles on the tables, to setting places. It was like watching a well-oiled machine at work. No one was complaining about the work. Nobody was standing around twiddling thumbs. And, in less than an hour, the transformation was complete and we were on our way home.

Serving like that is fun to me. As long as I'm busy and have something to do, I don't mind doing much of anything. If I'm helping to get the job done, I'm happy. Doing it with friends who feel the same is some of my favorite time. There's something about working side by side with people that brings you closer together. 

I'm grateful my parents raised me to think things like this are fun. I'm grateful to live in a place where there is almost always an opportunity to serve. I'm grateful for the times I've been able to serve as well as the times when I'm the one who has been served. If the world worked like this, what a wonderful place it would be!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home