/> Raising Angels: Sweet Sleep

Sunday, February 06, 2022

Sweet Sleep

Today I'm grateful for new bedding. I know that sounds very superficial, but it's real. I've had the same bedding since we moved into this house 14 years ago. Of course, after that long, it was showing some wear and tear and I was ready for a change. I saw an add online for a clearance sale. It was a bedding set that not only matched our paint and curtains, but both Nelson and I agreed on it. Two days later, it was at my door. 


The reason I started looking in the first place was that I was desperately in need of some new pillows. I was waking up sore every morning and not sleeping well. Pillows seemed the cheapest way to attempt to solve that problem. 

Now when I get in bed at night, I feel as if I'm in some posh hotel far away. The sheets are smooth, the comforter soft, and the pillows are just right. I look forward to going to sleep. I smile as I wrap myself in all of the luxury (hey, after 14 years, new is a luxury) and thank God for it. 

It's a rather simple and material thing, but I am oh, so grateful for it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home