/> Raising Angels: Happy Birthday Maximilian on 2/22/22

Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Happy Birthday Maximilian on 2/22/22

It's 2's Tuesday, which we've known was coming for some time now, not because we're super geeky lovers of numbers, but because it's the day Maximilian made his way into the world and my heart. Up to that point, my pregnancy with Max was by far my hardest. I won't go into any gory details. Suffice it to say that it was so tough that I told Nelson almost daily, "If I ever say I want another baby, remind me of these
moments and that I NEVER want to go through this again. 

The first time I took him out in public, I remember having him close to my chest in the Ergo baby carrier as I stood watching Nelson load the stuff into the car. Max was brand new and making those sweet tiny sounds newborns make. I was completely smitten. "Isn't he just the sweetest thing?" I swooned. "Don't you want to have another baby?"

I was crazy about Max. I loved everything about him. He was my most peaceful and content baby and he carried those traits all the way through elementary school. Middle school, well, it's middle school and, thanks be to God, we're almost through that stage. Love you Max. Mean it.
Every day I am still in awe of you. Those crystal blue eyes, crater-like dimples, and dusting of freckles are definitely going to save you from a lot as well as win you many battles. 
Your immense talent is inspiring. There's not much you've tried that you're not good at. You can sing and play the piano, write, understand math, deliver show stopper impromptu speeches, not to mention excel at athletics of all kinds. We're just going to pretend that those botched box brownies never happened. It will be our little secret. 
We've flown across an ocean together, traipsed through the Roman ruins, and toured underneath Saint Peter's Basilica. We've road tripped to see Atlanta United and Alabama play. We've also made grocery and mall runs together. It doesn't matter where we go or why, hanging out with you is always a fun adventure. 


Max, I know the Lord has big plans for you because to whom much is given, much is expected. Stay close to Jesus, and you'll always have whatever you need to do whatever He calls you to do. 

love you with all my heart. Happy Birthday!

                                                                        Mama

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home