/> Raising Angels: Be a Planter

Monday, February 14, 2022

Be a Planter

Today I gave each person in the family a love letter. I found some old fashioned stationery and have been thinking, praying, and writing for the last week. As I sealed the final envelope, a wave of uncertainty came crashing over me. What if I forgot to say something I love about him/her? What if how I said it doesn't come across the right way? I felt so insecure, I almost reopened them to start over. 


Then I remembered, I prayed before I wrote each one. I may not have said everything I wanted to, but I have to believe I said what God knew they need to hear. Just for good measure though, I prayed over the sealed letters. I prayed long and hard through tears. I don't know why, but this year and these letters weren't my idea, they were the Lord's and I felt the weight of doing His will. As I ended that prayer, a peace came over me.

I have discovered that I am a seed planter, in my marriage, children, and students. This means I plant and plant and plant, many times without ever seeing the fruit. I plant anyway because it's what I'm called to do.  The gift of watching those seeds blossom comes here and there and gives me hope for the seeds that have yet to bloom...or even sprout. 

Many, many wonderful people have planted seeds in me - family members, teachers, coaches, coworkers, friends. Some are in my life and can witness the ways I've grown and matured through the years. Others probably have no idea where I am or what I am doing, They planted, invested in me, anyway. And, wow, I am so grateful they did. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home