/> Raising Angels: In This Moment

Saturday, August 30, 2014

In This Moment

There’s a kind of relief – a release from the pressure of knowing you only have five days of insurance left – when those days are finally over. It’s not a good thing to have no insurance, but it’s better than knowing you only have five days of it.

Strange as that may sound, there is a peace on me today. Okay, maybe not today, but now, in this moment. I have a feeling that this season is going to be about those moments. In fact, life is really about the ability to live in the moment. Not that you can’t plan for the future or look back and learn from the past; but to survive, to live with joy, you have to live in the moment.

Comparison kills doesn’t it? Her house is cleaner than mine. She looks more fit/fashionable than me. Her kids are better behaved than mine. She makes nicer meals than me. All those things – all those thoughts that focus on anything other than where I am right now – they eat at us. They cause discontent. They force us to judge situations we have no right to judge. Those thoughts are not healthy…for anyone.

So here I am today, in the moment I’m in. I did everything I could to max out what insurance we had to use. We are all relatively healthy.  I am grateful for that.

I have a husband who loves me unconditionally. I have five beautiful, well-adjusted children. I am surrounded by a family and friends who support and care for me. I live in a gorgeous home that my husband built. I have a God who cares for all the little details of my life and will not abandon me. That’s the reality of my moment.

Today, right now, I am peaceful in the knowledge of the bigger picture. God will take care of the rest.

                  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home