/> Raising Angels: Bring on the Pink!

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Bring on the Pink!

Today I got to celebrate the miracle of life.

My mom and I hosted a baby shower for a friend who has been waiting for a baby for a very long time. Many, many people have been praying for years for her and this shower gave them an opportunity to celebrate a very clear answer to those prayers.

Boy, oh boy...(or rather girl to come), did I have fun! When I was on bed rest at the end of my pregnancy, I discovered Pinterest. Sitting still, I pinned a lot of things. It made me feel like I was doing something. It was so nice to have an opportunity to use a few of my pins.

She was very impressed that I made the tissue paper flowers. I explained to her that I am a child of the 80s. Every dance I went to in high school used these things as decorations. Who knew they'd come back in style?


The invitation had a baby carriage on it so we used that for a lot of things. This fruit bowl was pretty easy and the hit of the party. A simple cut on the watermelon, a peeled cantaloupe, some grape eyes and a pacifier and presto - a super cute way to give the expectant mama the melon she's been craving.

I love the diaper cakes I've seen at showers but I wanted to do something a little different. When I found this baby carriage, I had to try it. A few rubber bands, pins and some ribbons made it pretty simple to assemble.
Isn't she radiant? She is such a beautiful young woman! She brought magnets with scripture verses on them to give to all of us. "They helped me get through a very trying time and I hope when you see them, they'll do the same for you," she explained through happy, grateful tears.

Pink punch, cupcakes and cookies added some festiveness to the table.

It was such a fun celebration!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home