/> Raising Angels: All in a Day's Bath

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

All in a Day's Bath

I was bathing Felicity today when Dawson walked in. The bathroom is on the smaller side so company like this crowds us up a bit. I don’t mind most of the time because the sweetness of her big brothers absolutely gushing over her warms my heart.

I was enjoying the normal wave of love in the room when he said, “I can’t even remember what it was like before Felicity.”

And just like that, I was relieved. All that struggle, the long nights, the bursts of crying (from Felicity and me) - all that is nothing to the rest of them. To them, she fits seamlessly into the mix. Our family didn’t add an appendage; we melded into a better us.

It felt like a victory to me. It reminded me of the resilience of kids. He might as well have thrown his arms around me and said, “You didn’t kill us Mama. We’re all going to be okay. And by the way, we totally love this little being you brought into the world. She makes all of us better human beings.”


Yep. Kids are pretty spectacular that way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home