/> Raising Angels: Fighting a Losing Battle

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Fighting a Losing Battle


Today my Instagram feed was blowing up with pictures of the new Dunkin' Donuts on our side of town. I'm usually a Krispy Kreme girl but now that this place is a mere mile down the road, I may be persuaded.

As I was loading up Felicity and Max to pick up the other boys from golf, Max asked what was for dinner.

It was a day full of run stuff, plus some laundry, plus a few carpools, piano lessons, and a husband on his way out of town. "I think we'll grab something on the way home," I told him.

"Where?" he asked with excitement. 

Thinking I would make his day, I said, "Dunkin' Donuts just opened up. We could go there and just have some donuts for dinner." 

"No!" he shouted to my surprise.

"Really?" I said thinking what a great job I have done somehow teaching my new six-year-old that donuts for dinner is not really okay (that is, unless you have a day like I did and your husband is out of town).

He quickly suggested, "How about ice cream?"

Oops. "Well, we can't eat ice cream for dinner."

"Why not? It's the same thing." 

Laughing because he was totally right, I tried to explain that donuts included healthy stuff like, um, flour. "We just can't," was how I encompassed that thought.

"Okay, how about cake?"

Clearly, I have my work cut out for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home