/> Raising Angels: D.C. Recap Part 1

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

D.C. Recap Part 1

June 7th we piled the family in the car and headed to Maryland for the wedding of the second of our "household" weddings this year. When I heard where he was having the wedding I decided to turn it into a little D.C tour. My brother's godparents live in the D.C. area so it seemed the smart thing to do. I was so excited to bring the kids to our nation's capital. Last year when I was there, I couldn't stop thinking about how much they would love it.
We stayed in a hotel the first two nights to be near the wedding activities, although we learned that is a very relative term in a big city. It was an hour drive to the rehearsal dinner from the hotel and over an hour from the church to the wedding reception. One thing I learned is that I love visiting big cities but I would never, ever want to live in one. Oh my gosh the traffic would make me lose what sanity I have left. An hour to go twenty miles seems like a colossal waste of time.

However it was all so worth it. The rehearsal dinner was delicious and fun and the wedding was beautiful. The reception was truly a party, complete with glow sticks for the dance portion.

Can you believe how grown up my little girl looks...is? Yikes. It takes me by surprise every time I see her. My little girl is a young lady and a very beautiful one at that. That's probably why Nelson is holding her so closely here. I don't think she'll ever be allowed to date if he has anything to say about it. I'm thinking this is why he got the boys a bb gun for Christmas.

These last two were taken with my phone so the quality is not the best but I love the photo anyway. It makes me feel as if I can freeze her in time for just a little while longer.

The reception was at a beautiful monastery right outside of D.C. In fact, it is where he proposed to her which made it all the more special (as well as helped us over look the long drive home after midnight).

Pictures of our D.C. ventures will follow. Stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home