/> Raising Angels: Fourteen Years

Monday, June 18, 2012

Fourteen Years


Fourteen years. It caught me by surprise. Not the anniversary of course, but the number...fourteen. But really it's more than that. I met this man sixteen years ago, when I had all but given up hope of finding a husband. Okay, I hadn't given up, but almost. It just seemed that everyone had found someone but me. I thought I had missed the boat. And, just when I had given up my plans and given in to God's, Nelson (almost literally) waltzed into my life.

What can I say? We've been dancing together ever since.

While we lounged by the pool this weekend, we alternated between our reading material and eyeing the younger folks in town for a wedding prancing around trying to impress each other. And suddenly we were deep in conversation about things much more important than anything else going on. We dove deep into thoughts and plans and goals. We laughed together with ease. We were totally comfortable to do nothing together.

I love the adventure and I love the simple being. Mostly though, I love the man standing by me through all of it.

Happy Anniversary Nelson (a little late)! I love you!

3 Comments:

Blogger nicole said...

Happy anniversary!

Travis and I often tell each other how glad we are that we aren't playing the dating game. Our marriage isn't perfect, but neither are we. I'm happy to be imperfect with him though.

Y'all look great. :)

11:54 AM  
Blogger Amy Parris said...

Thanks Nicole!

4:10 PM  
Blogger Optimistic Existentialist said...

I think being totally comfortable doing nothing together is the sig of smoeone truly being your soul mate :-)

7:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home