/> Raising Angels: Fathers' Day (punctuation intended)

Monday, June 18, 2012

Fathers' Day (punctuation intended)

So here's what we've been up to since I last checked in: packed up boys for a trip to visit my brother in Florida, packed the family for our trip to D.C., made the trip to D.C to attend a wedding, found out about the sad and sudden death of our neighbor and father of two of my closest friends during that wedding, toured D.C with the kids and loved every patriotic moment of it, came back home and sent the two boys to Florida for a week, helped my friends get ready for their dad's funeral, attended wake and funeral, made breakfast for the extended families, helped Mackenzie pack for camp in Kentucky and sent her off, bought birthday and Father's Day gifts, spent a wonderful two days with the love of my life for a belated anniversary celebration, attended a niece's birthday party and prepared a Father's Day dinner.  

Kind of explains the lack of communication here lately doesn't it? I have a lot of things bouncing around my head and numerous pictures and stories to tell but it's late so those will have to wait.

Today I am grateful. First of all I'm grateful that my dad is still here and doing marvelously well after this, which I still think of almost every day. Every time I see my dad, I am reminded of the miracle of his life and I am thankful, so very thankful. My dad is a wonderful, generous, funny, adventurous, spiritual, wise and thoughtful man. I love all those qualities and I always have. But this year, this year when I watched three of my best friends bury their fathers, I am most thankful that I can still throw my arms around him and hug him really, really hard.

I am grateful for a husband who is an amazing father. I am thankful for his involvement in our children’s' lives. I am thankful for a true partner is this adventure of parenting. I love watching him love the kids. I love how excited they are to see him and spend time with him. I love the true thoughtfulness he puts into raising them. He is amazing.

I am grateful for my father-in-law who raised such an incredible son. I am thankful that he treats me with love like I was his own daughter. I love watching him love my kids. I love the time he spends with them and the memories he creates for them.

As you can see, I have much...so very much to be grateful for today. Fathers are a wonderful gift in my life. I am a blessed woman to love the three of them. I am blessed to be a product of one, be married to the product of another, and be an eye witness to the unfolding of the third as he moves into each new stage of fatherhood.

Happy Father’s Day to all of you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home