/> Raising Angels: I'm Back From the Capital

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

I'm Back From the Capital

And oh what a run it was! I had so much fun. Even though the race was a bit unorganized and it was a frigid 28 degrees with the wind blowing, there's just something about running in the shadow of the Washington Monument and the Capital that was really inspiring.
I'm just wondering...is this too much to stick on my car? This was my fourth...my FOURTH...half (remember when I was dreading…I mean dreading doing this?) and I saw this at the expo and just had to have it. Now I find myself wondering if it would be better on the fridge so as to not be too pretentious about this whole running thing. What do you think?

7 Comments:

Blogger Shannon said...

ack! I was down there on Saturday!!!! I totally could have met you!!!

10:50 PM  
Anonymous Laura Mattis said...

Hey Amy, nothing wrong w/being proud of your accomplishments, so feel free to put it on your car. After all, it is a super cool magnet! Only thing you have to worry about is someone swiping it b/c it is so cool. So, maybe the fridge is the safest place for it. ;) Anywhere you place it will be fine... at least it doesn't scream that you've "been there run that" 4x's. ;) Congrats again on your accomplishment!

11:08 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

I do not think it is too much! Congrats on the half! I was supposed to run the full that day, but could not due to a death in the family. Get a hold of me via my blog if you ever come to the DC area for a race again. If I am there, I will try to find you to say hi!

10:37 AM  
Blogger nicole said...

Put it on your car! You should be proud of that achievement. I plan to run my second in December and I am getting a sticker this time. You earned it! And you never know who you may inspire.

1:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you should proudly display it on your car. You know they say "If you got it you should flaunt it". We are so proud of you - and Kevin.

Love Damma and Papa

9:26 PM  
Anonymous MOM said...

Awh--go for it! It really is something to be proud of!

11:10 PM  
Blogger Amy Parris said...

Thanks ladies. I put it on the car today!

Shannon and Katie, that would have been so much fun to meet you in person. I'll put the word out sooner next time! If you're ever in the Augusta area let me know.

10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home