/> Raising Angels: Max and His Moves

Thursday, September 01, 2011

Max and His Moves

There’s been a lot going on this week, not the least of which was that I've been without a computer since Saturday. I hate it when I go so long without writing. No chance to record. No opportunity to process. And there's also that whole issue of having to catch up (mostly for that awesome birthday girl).

Since I'm up too late already (but hey, the ironing is finished!), I'll leave you with the following videos. My dad made Mackenzie some new CDs for her birthday and yesterday I caught Max working on his moves.


At first we were all just enjoying the show but once he moved on to the second song, we also realized he's got rhythm. Where he learned the moves, I'm not sure (ok, So You Think You Can Dance probably contributed).

Since he's started back to "school" we've been working on walking up the two flights of stairs to his classroom. He's great with his left leg but that right one still has him struggling. He's slow and it's obvious that he has to work really hard to use that one. It's the one thing he does that reminds me there's something not quite right.

As I watched him dance in this next video, for a split second I was sad when he fell. I actually thought about editing that spill out. Then I listened to the words of the song. "When I am older, I will be stronger." I was reminded how far he has come. I appreciated the fact that a little over a year ago, I never dreamed he'd be able to move like this.


The amazing thing is that he has no idea there's any problem at all. Almost every time I pray over him at night, I add a prayer for Jesus to strengthen or heal his legs. He's so used to prayers that I don't think he always listens. But the other night he asked, "Mama, why did you pray for my legs? They don't hurt."

I love that. So Max, wave your flag buddy. You do it with such style!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

REMARKABLE - He is a Joy and a Blessing. And, he really has some great moves. Love ya' Max. Damma & Papa

6:35 PM  
Blogger Kevin Killips said...

Awww... made Uncle Kevin's heart melt

1:52 AM  
Blogger Amy Parris said...

Mine too Kev. I think he'll ace Social.

10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home