/> Raising Angels: It's Been Too Long...

Monday, July 05, 2010

It's Been Too Long...


Since I've posted but I wanted to let you know I am still alive, although over the last week or two it's been debatable at times. I wanted to show you a small picture of why I've been off the air for two weeks.

We started with my staph infection, followed by Mackenzie's swimmer's ear, and Max's fever. We arrived at the family reunion and the next day Mackenzie got dehydrated on top of catching Max's fever. Two days into the reunion, my back went out. I got through that and developed an all over body rash which was an allergic reaction to the antibiotic I was taking. That equaled non-stop itching for 5 days. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. It...was...horrible. The first day I woke up not itching, I had 4 fever blisters on my lip. That day I took Dawson in because he too had a staph infection only his had to be sliced opened and drained...with no anesthesia. The next day Aiden fell off some monkey bars and fractured his wrist which translated into a 3 hour ER trip and getting to bed at 3 AM. We follow up with the orthopedic doctor tomorrow.

I have more to say about all of this but I think I’m still recovering so it will have to wait for another day.

2 Comments:

Blogger nicole said...

Oh my goodness! I'll be praying that all of these things will be the extent of your medical troubles for the rest of the year!

My pediatrician just shared a tip for preventing swimmer's ear: Mix equal parts white vinegar and rubbing alcohol and put about 4 drops in each ear after swimming. It prevents the buildup that causes the infection.

10:03 AM  
Anonymous Kelly said...

Oh my goodness!

The pictures your dad posted looked great. Did you have a little fun in the midst of this?

Let's get babysitters next week and go to Veracruz!

- Kelly

8:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home