/> Raising Angels: Just Keep Swimming

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Just Keep Swimming

I watched something interesting today. There was a little boy at swimming lessons who was doing really well...until he realized he was swimming in the deep-end. Suddenly fear overtook him and he stopped swimming, looked desperately for help, and started to sink.

In the interest of mothers everywhere, I feel I should let you know that the boy was fine. The teacher was right next to him. It wasn't that I was worried. I was stunned by how fear paralyzed the kid.

He was strong, doing everything he was supposed to be doing...until he became afraid. Suddenly I found myself wondering how often I've let fear do that same thing to me.

How many times have I been going along swimmingly (pun intended), and then let fear sink me? More than I care to admit I'm afraid (pun here not intended, just happened=)). Hopefully, from now on, when I feel afraid, I'll remember that little boy and just keep swimming.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home