/> Raising Angels: A Colorful Summer

Thursday, June 03, 2010

A Colorful Summer

I'm still having fun with my flowers. I've been waiting patiently for over a month to see what color the day lilies I rescued from the side of the road will be.
Yesterday they bloomed and they are truly lovely.

From the looks of things, the black-eyed susans will be next. They are another neighbor's trash that I popped into my garden. I can't wait to see them.

I'm even more anxious to see what will come of these little flowers. Soon and very soon there will be delicious, red tomatoes hanging in their place. Yum!

It's almost time to pick these guys. I have no idea what I'll do with them as I'm not a fan of peppers in general. However, they too were given to me and I think it's fun to watch anything grow.

And so I was in a colorful mood today when Mackenzie called from her play date to ask if her friend's mom could put a colored streak in her hair. This is a process that is totally foreign to me and so I was hesitant. Her friend's mother assured me that it would be temporary and wash out in a week or two.

What the heck I figured. Why not? It's summer after all. And then she came home...

and it was slightly more than a streak. Oh boy, I thought as she walked closer. Perhaps I should have considered the fact that today is Thursday and I seriously doubt this stuff is going to wash out before church on Sunday. Are bandanas still in style?

Well, live and learn. She's only 9 once. Seems the colors around here are turning up in a lot of unexpected places.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Kelly said...

I'm toying with the idea of adding a little color to my hair. Hmmm...

I have purple coneflower to share if you need a few new perennials. Now I know how to spell perennial.

- Kelly

8:21 AM  
Blogger nicole said...

Pretty flowers and pretty hair. Little girls can get away with colored streaks in their hair at church every once in a while. ;)

2:05 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Do you remember when a dear household friend colored her hair red? And it turned out pink? And it took about a month to wash out than the promised two days? So, yes, let her get this out of her system now!

5:39 PM  
Blogger Amy Parris said...

I remember that very clearly. In fact, I read her the part of the directions that said it tends to last longer on blondes. And, it didn't help that her family Christmas photo was the next day. Good times!

10:08 PM  
Blogger Leah said...

It's cute! She is young enough that she can get away with it!

12:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home