/> Raising Angels: Bittersweet

Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Bittersweet

Today I finished up my last day of school. I expected to feel a bigger sense of relief but instead I found myself rather sad. You see I'm not going back next year. It's not that I don't love teaching, or my school, or the staff. It's just that we need me to contribute financially to the family and working at my alma mater does not exactly fit into that equation.

It's kind of crazy that the thing that's keeping me from going back next year (besides that minor fact that I still have a baby at home), is part of what makes it so great. It's what reminds me that the teachers who teach my children are there because they love what they do and they love my kids. You don’t get that in many schools these days.

It was a bittersweet kind of day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home