/> Raising Angels: Radical

Friday, June 18, 2010

Radical

Last night at a prayer meeting we sang a verse of a praise song that said, "Thank you for saving me from my lonely life." It got me thinking. God has definitely saved me from a lot of things...a lonely life is not one of them.

I don't honestly remember ever feeling really lonely. I guess that's because I know I'm never really alone. I've questioned God, but never doubted him. Try as I might to get angry at God sometimes, I just can't. In general I am a very happy person.

This led me to the thought that I have sometimes felt a little less than radical in my Christian walk. I don't have an amazing conversion story. I've know and followed God (to the best of my ability) all of my life. Not very exciting testimonial material.

Then it hit me. My life IS radical. How many other people out there can say these things? From the day I was born I was brought up in the love of God through my parents, family, friends and associates. I have walked the walk for as long. I don't always, or ever, do it perfectly, but I always try. I always have.

That, my friends, in this day and age is RADICAL. My parents have been married for 42 years this year. Nelson's parents have too. Amazing. My life is blessed and that's what makes it exciting.

So maybe I'm not great testimony material, but my life, that's GREAT material!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home