/> Raising Angels: Crazy Days of Summer

Friday, July 16, 2010

Crazy Days of Summer

I'm not sure what has happened to me this summer. Blogging has taken a back burner to life. It's kind of bumming me out. I feel like these "best days of our lives" are going unnoted. However, at the end of the day I'm beginning to realize that life goes better for all of us if I get a little more sleep. I know it's taken me awhile to see this truth.

In the meantime we've had our share of physical woes, vacation bible schools, swim lessons, art camp, family reunion and the like. This is the first week we haven't "had anything to do". Instead there were 5 birthday parties to attend (one was for me and one for Aiden who...YIKES...turns 7 on Sunday). And now we're packing up to go to the beach with Nelson's family.

Interestingly enough, Wednesday Max decided to potty train. Yes, I mean what I said, he decided. One day he lost his diaper, sat on the toilet and went potty. We celebrated like crazy and so it began. I'm thrilled at his pretty immediate success. However, when getting ready for birthday parties and packing and shopping for the beach, sitting by the toilet every 20 minutes or so is not conducive to productivity.

Be it what it may, we are seizing the opportunity and going for it anyway. It should make for a very interesting week at the beach (do you think he's too big to pass for the Coppertone baby? Think nothing on but a shirt).

Anyway, life is going on whether I blog about it or not. I'm not giving up; this is too valuable for my little family (especially since I have abandoned baby books and other things because I keep it all here). I'm just having a busy summer.

August should be a little slower...please God.

2 Comments:

Blogger nicole said...

Oh, how exciting about the potty training! I think my daughter would be interested too, if I would take the time to focus on it. I hope the beach is great (and happy birthday!).

5:23 PM  
Blogger Amy Parris said...

Thanks Nicole. I'll keep you posted.

11:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home