/> Raising Angels: Movin' On Up!

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Movin' On Up!

It's late and I'm tired but I cannot go to bed without recording an actual miracle I witnessed today.

My baby, my Max, my almost 15 month old actually CRAWLED for the FIRST TIME today!

Granted, he did not go across the room, nor did he move at remarkable speed. He did get himself on all fours. He got his foot unstuck from under his leg and then stayed on all fours instead of collapsing on the ground. He then rocked for a minute and moved both hands...and then...he moved his knee! He did! He moved two hands, two knees and then repeated moving both hands followed by both knees.

There may be those of you out there who actually have babies that do everything by the books. You may think I'm slightly out of my mind (and I have to say there are many moments I might agree with you). But I have never had a baby crawling by 6 months. In fact only one of my four has crawled like a regular baby without some kind of physical therapy.

Consequently, I appreciate physical movement of the very normal kind. I find it nothing short of miraculous to find Max sitting up in his bed in the morning instead of flat on his back. I find it simply amazing that he can hold himself in the crawling position without any assistance from me. And I find it worthy of real celebration when he begins to put two and two together and actually moves his body from point A to point B.

I know it's a small step. I know we have a long way to go. I also know that this is progress. I know that what I witnessed today was a miracle. I know that watching the next step will be even more fun.

We're on our way!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hurray for Max!!

- Kelly

2:16 PM  
Blogger Heather Raven said...

yay!!! for Max. The next time you come over and try to clean my dishes Max will be able to get to you and say - no Mommy!!! Ha. Congratulations!!

8:03 PM  
Blogger nicole said...

Yea! Yea! Yea! I hope the progress continues. My Butterfly doesn't crawl on all fours. She does a half regular crawl, half crab crawl. But it gets her where she wants to go.

12:58 PM  
Blogger Shauna said...

Way to go Max!!!

8:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home