/> Raising Angels: My Favorite Valentine

Saturday, February 16, 2008

My Favorite Valentine

Just in case you thought we missed the whole romantic gesture of Valentine's Day after my previous post, I wanted to share with you the poem my husband sent to me while he was working on our house and I was with the kids at the circus.


Emotions only partly describe your worth to me.
Next, passion and reason leave me fleetingly.
Your beauty, though an ace, and, wow, that smile upon your face…
None give justice to explaining my love for thee.

I’m quite sure only our souls connecting
Give sound reason for my heart’s perfecting
For without you my spirit has not flutter. “I need you,” a constant mutter
And absence’s longings I’m always expecting.

I love you. I love you. I love you.
Repetition makes it no more true.
It’s only I must say that you deserve to hear it day after day.
Amy, my dear Amy, my love’s truth is found in you.



He's pretty amazing isn't he!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yes, he is definitely a keeper! How lucky you are to have him as your husband. God was definitely smiling on your wedding day...someone finally listened to HIS plan for forever. Beautiful poem.

And about the circus and your bed rest. Sometimes, the best times in your life are restful to you in your heart and not in your body. I am quite certain that your time with your kids there was a balm to your soul. Just take it easy now and enjoy your memory of that day.
God Bless you!

8:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I disagree with jen.

While you say you are obeying the Doctor and putting this in God's hand,you seem to be way, way too active.

Bed rest does not mean shopping, circuses, and all the other driving the kids you mention.

Please for the sake of your baby,
stop making excuses why you need to shop etc and do what the Doctor asked you to do.
The world will not come to an end if you dont get groceries, or pick out the kids valentines yourself.

Sounds to me like you are not listening to God or the Doctor and deciding you know best.

10:56 AM  
Blogger Amy Parris said...

Thanks for the encouragement Jen.

And anonymous, the doctor has assured me that the baby is fine no matter when he or she comes and did not put me on full bedrest but rather told me to take it easy. If you've followed my blog for sometime, you realize that these few activities for me are definitely in the taking it easy category.

8:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yikes! That 'Anonymous' needs to take a chill pill! A bit rude if you ask me, unless it is your Doctor writting that ;)

9:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home