/> Raising Angels: Yes, I'm Still Pregnant

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Yes, I'm Still Pregnant

It's been a while since I've checked in and I felt compelled to dispel any notions that a baby has arrived.

I began Valentine's Day by waking before the kids as Nelson was off to Adoration. I set out Valentine's surprises for them on their Valentine's plates and made cinnamon rolls with strawberries on the side for their breakfast. They were thrilled.

We cleaned up and I actually got Mackenzie to school, the boys dressed, the sitter picked up and made it to my doctor's appointment with 10 minutes to spare - quite a feat for these slow moving days.

The best part of the appointment was that instead of my regular two hour wait, I was in and out in under an hour. My doctor was pleased as pie that I'm still pregnant. He put me back on bed rest for one more week. I didn't hide my disappointment well because he gently reminded me that this baby is not due for another three weeks and that one more week is really what's best for the baby.

After a special Valentine’s Dinner, I took the kids (with my parents' help) to the circus. Yeah, I know, not exactly bed rest activity but it was the circus, I wasn't in labor and I wanted to be with my kids as they watched it. Besides the fact that we didn't get home until 10:30 and Dawson insisted on watching the ENTIRE circus on my virtually nonexistent lap, we had a great time.

We only got to catch a glimpse of Nelson that day, which was a little disappointing, but his parents took the kids yesterday evening and kept them over night so we actually went out together, just the two of us. It was so nice to be reminded what it's like to have a husband again. We're so close to being finished with the house (at least that's what he tells me), I can't wait to steal lots more one on one moments with him.

All in all we're still in the holding pattern. We did not move into the house as originally planned. Now Nelson is saying next weekend, which means he is pleased as punch that the baby is not here yet. And true to my Lenten promise, I have given it all to God. He has the perfect plan. His timing will be just right. And until then I will do what I can to be obedient to my doctor's orders.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Amy,
I'm responding from snowy Ohio. Your mom told me of the bed rest and I've been praying for you and the baby. Please take it easy as I've worked with too many premies with problems. I know things can go ok, but why take a chance if you can try to do all possible to protect this precious life you've been given.
Continued prayers, Pat McArdle

10:30 AM  
Blogger Amy Parris said...

Thanks for the prayers! I'll take any and all that I can get.

11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home