/> Raising Angels: Checking In

Monday, February 11, 2008

Checking In

For those of you checking in, so far I have been able to hold onto this baby. I am doing my very best to be obedient to my doctor's orders to take it easy.

With each passing day, the more I move around, the more severe my contractions become. I spoke with a friend who told me a NICU nurse told her that at this stage of the game a week in the tummy is worth 3 in the NICU so that scared me out of the thoughts of running around the block that were dancing in my head.

And, those of you who really know me, know how hard it is for me to sit still...especially with a pending move. It has been incredibly humbling to accept the kind of service that's been offered me lately. For instance, on Saturday I sat on the couch watching Toy Story with my boys while my neighbor vacuumed my carpets because she knew it was driving me crazy to sit and look at all that dirt.

There are moments like those these days that are so hard to accept, yet at the same time make me feel so very loved and blessed to have such wonderful people in my life. Ones who don't ask what they can do to help, but simply drive over with their vacuum cleaners in hand and do it.

It’s such a crazy time of sitting and waiting. Murphy’s law says that after all this, I’ll probably wait another three weeks and give birth on my due date of March 5th. Whatever the case, it’s all in God’s hands now, which is exactly where it should be.

5 Comments:

Blogger nicole said...

Thanks for the update. I am sure it is hard to have others doing for you what you normally do for yourself. However, this is their chance to be an instrument of God's grace to you--what a gift! I'm thinking about you often--I never go into labor, so your experience is much different from mine.

9:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Take heart, your time to deliver will be taken over by God and all will be well. 3 weeks isn't so long in the whole 40 week scheme is it? LOL Yeah, it seems everlasting...
If it helps, my sis delivered her baby 5 weeks early and nary a NICU visit for little Emily. 5lb 12oz.

I'll be praying that whenever you deliver that all will be happy and well and you'll be able to bring your bundle home with you on your discharge day. Blessings of the Risen Lord!

9:42 AM  
Blogger Heather Raven said...

Hey, there's always room for your kids at our house! Your Mom is always welcome too. Mia slept in her arms yesterday as I took care of the birthday boy and his friends. She also served ice cream. What a sweetie.
We're here if you need anything.
Love to you,
Heather

9:50 AM  
Blogger Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

I'm glad to hear that Baby is staying in the right place for now!
Little Brother says to hang on until March 6, since that is a great day to be born :)
You are blessed with helpful friends and neighbors. How wonderful!
With my prayers through the rest of your pregnancy and delivery.

10:26 AM  
Blogger Amy Parris said...

Many thanks for the encouragement and prayers. I see the doctor Thursday so I'll know more then.

8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home