/> Raising Angels: A Little Help Please

Sunday, January 13, 2008

A Little Help Please

We're in the final stages of our home building odyssey. Currently, I'm in the market for a washer and dryer. I've done my consumer reports research but I'd really like to hear from all of you out there who are really doing laundry and LOTS of it. Any suggestions?

Here's what I can tell you:
* both need to be front loaders since we designed the space for them to be stacked
* capacity, quietness and reliability are important, but mostly, I want really clean clothes

I don't consider myself a laundry expert or lover but I know that there are some of you out there who are and I know you love your machines. Help!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like my Maytag Neptune. I know at least 3 other people who have them too. They all have at least 4 or 5 kids, so they get a workout.
I don't honestly know a whole lot about them, other than they do the job well, and I can wash up to 6 pairs of adult jeans in one load. That means lots of little people clothes fit in a load too. I have 3 little people so this is a BIG plus. Good luck!

9:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a Whirlpool Duet washer and a Whirlpool ultimate care II dryer. My husband bought the dryer when our old one went, and his only qualifications were to get the biggest one they make and that it have a lint screen on the top (our appliance guy has said those are more efficient at removing lint). The washer is awesome. The only thing I wanted when I bought it was to get the biggest one on the market- we have 6 kids 9 and under. Anyway, it does great and I can wash so much that I do sometimes split loads into two before drying so it doesn't take too long to dry. The washer is low to the ground and kills my back so I would recommend stacking it on top if possible or buying the stand that you can buy to put under it.

2:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you looked into Miele? Very expensive but by far the best washer and dryer on the market. It will last forever!

4:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home