/> Raising Angels: As the Stomach Turns

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

As the Stomach Turns

I have always been utterly amazed and just a little grossed out by people who drink Coke in the morning. However, during this pregnancy it's one of the only beverages I have been able to force myself to drink.

This morning as I was driving from one task to another I happened to pass a Sonic (okay, it was a little out of the way). I pulled in because I was thirsty and I had this.

I was having a serious debate with myself about what to order. Yes, the apple juice or orange juice would both be healthy morning options but I knew they would literally make my stomach turn after consumption. Still, a diet drink before noon seemed a little weird too.

I bit the bullet and pushed the button, "I'll have a Diet Coke please," I said, finally deciding that the thought of my stomach turning was better than the actual thing.

At least that's what I thought until the voice on the other end came back with, "Okay that's a large Diet Coke. Would you like some fried macaroni and cheese to go with that?"

5 Comments:

Blogger nicole said...

For the most part I have craved iced tea this pregnancy. However, recently all I want is soda and it does not matter what time of day it is. I'm trying to resist the cravings as much as possible.

5:19 PM  
Blogger Mom said...

When I was in my first trimester, all I could keep down was root beer. I would have a root beer in the mornings.....and as far as food, all I could manage was a waffle, plain.
My OB told me that as long as I was getting some fluids, the root beer is fine. I made up for it in my last trimester, because all I could drink then was water with lime in it. By the gallons.

Are you having a boy or a girl?

5:22 PM  
Blogger Amy Parris said...

Oh cravings - never have them (when I'm pregnant that is) - only aversions and oh how many!

We don't know what we're having. We love the true surprise at the moment of birth. When that moment comes, it never matters what the baby is, only that he or she is finally in my arms and out of my tummy!

7:08 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

I'm always amazed when I find myself at Sonic early -- before 9 a.m.! I love DC in the morning. It goes great with oatmeal, too.

9:37 PM  
Blogger My name is Dianna said...

I love a diet coke with crushed ice anytime of day...I do try to get caffeine free when possible...thank you chik-fil-a...but, sonic is way closer and they have 'happy hour', plus, with a little caffeine--sometimes it gets me through the day:)
so Amy, drink up!

11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home