/> Raising Angels: Sea World

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Sea World

We hit Sea World on yet another perfect Florida day. We decided on this park because when we got the tickets at the discount place, they offered us a second day for free. Yet another part of the week full of surprises was that my brother, Fr. Aaron, was going to join us Thursday through Saturday and it was his park of choice. So we spent two full days packed with fun.

They offer some of the hands on kind of fun my kids adore. We all got to pet the stingrays and then...we also got to feed them. The kids started off a bit fearful of falling in but after feeding them, they were hooked.
As you can see by our attire, the weather took a much colder turn on Friday (highs in the 50's), which we were not exactly prepared for wardrobe wise.

The highlight of the two days for me was definitely feeding the dolphins. I've never done that before and it was beyond cool to have them eat out of my hand and then to be able to really pet them. When Mackenzie reached out to pet this one, it blew from it's blowhole into her face. That's how close we were!

The kids and baby Shamu had a mutual admiration society. They were standing there watching the mama swim around when her baby came right up to them to say hello. He stayed there for several minutes and continued to come back again and again. I think they thought they had a new pet.

Luckily for us, Uncle Aaron was more than game to ride the rides. Between my pregnancy and Nelson's motion sickness, we opted to let good old Uncle Aaron take them for a spin, and another spin and another spin. They thought they were big stuff with their hands up in the air.

This one was called the Flying Crab and shot up into the air and then bounced its way down. The kids were crazy about it.

It was a great two days. It allowed us time to see all the shows and to take our time seeing the sights. It also allowed Aaron and Nelson a chance to attend a beer tasting for free. Did you know Sea World is run by the Anheuser-Busch company? Beer, fish and fun! You just can't beat it.

3 Comments:

Blogger nicole said...

I love Sea World! It was my favorite place to go as a child when we visited family in California. How nice that your brother could join you too--especially fun for the kids!

9:10 PM  
Blogger Amy Parris said...

Indeed it was Nicole.

I just have to tell you that the best part of my day was when I clicked onto your blog and saw the ticker at the top. It noted only 99 more days to go! Finally, down to the two digit numbers. I might be able to make it after all.

9:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was so very impressed with Sea World too. It might be my favorite park. The greatest thing was to see the animals so happy. In one exhibit there were two polar bears just playing in the water, as if no one else was around. That to me was an indication that they truly felt in their habitat. And of course the whales are the coolest ever!

8:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home