/> Raising Angels: In Thanksgiving...

Friday, November 23, 2007

In Thanksgiving...

* for eating together with my entire family for the first Thanksgiving in SIX years!

* for being able to celebrate a Thanksgiving mass in my own parents' living room with a brother as the celebrant!

* for a brother who has been having heart trouble, who got a good report at his last appointment and for his wife who lovingly takes care of him!

* for another brother getting ready to graduate who is being courted by corporations around the country!

* for parents who worked so hard to get us to the place we are today, a family who truly, truly loves each other!

* for in-laws who love me dearly and say things like, "No one needs two turkey meals in one day. Let's have our dinner on Friday."

* for a brother-in-law who calls me early in the week to tell me he's going shopping on Friday and asks if there is anything he can get for me and then gets up at 4 a.m. to get the early bird deals...ALL of them on my list!

* for a husband who is diligently working on getting our house ready, while he works full time and lives with a hormonal, achy and complaining pregnant wife!

* for three precious children who are all safe, healthy, loads of fun, and still by my side!

* for the new life inside of me which is already allowing me the opportunity to grow in holiness!

* for my life, my blessings, my love, my faith, my church, my God!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sure is a great many things to be thankful for! Happy Thanksgiving Amy to you and yours - Now, let's enjoy Advent and prepare for a wonderful Christmas.

10:34 PM  
Blogger Amy Parris said...

These don't even scratch the surface! I hope you had a good holiday as well.

I'm already looking for some help to pull the Christmas stuff out of the attic. I can't wait!

12:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i agree, you have great in laws!!

6:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The "Anonymous" above WAS NOT sent by Damma.

1:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home