/> Raising Angels: Counting Today's Blessings

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Counting Today's Blessings

This week I have been focusing on the many things I am thankful for. My blessings are simply too many to count.

Today, however, I wore myself out. It was the first marathon day since last week in Florida. So...I will return tomorrow with a list of things I am truly, truly thankful for. Until then, I will focus only on today.

I am thankful that, even though both bread machines I used to make dough broke, I managed to crank out four dozen rolls for our family feasts. I'm not sure how they will taste, but at least they're finished.

I am thankful that while making the sweet potato casserole, when I ran out of evaporated milk, I opened the cabinet to see one appear before my eyes and save me trip to the store.

I am thankful that when I thawed the chicken out for dinner, I had enough to have my entire family over to eat.

I am thankful that after making the rolls, the sweet potatoes, dinner and a run to the store anyway, I was able to whip up a batch of brownies that was devoured by all who came.

I am thankful, really thankful that I made it. I'm thankful I am still able to serve. I am thankful that tomorrow will be a great day full of family and food. I am thankful that finally, it is time for bed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home